Fence. Fences keep ne’er-do-wells out and protect people inside. A fence is a person who buys stolen goods to later resell them for a profit. Those who fence practice the sport of fencing. En garde! And people don’t like it when you sit on the fence in a heated debate. (Believe me, I speak from experience)
Which of the following statements are true and which are false?
1. Only one of the statements is false.
2. Exactly two of the statements are false.
3. Only three of the statements are false.
4. Exactly four of the statements are false.
5. All five of these statements are false.
Mr. and Mrs. Webster were on a holiday shopping excursion. On their way to the car after leaving the store, Mr. Webster complained he was tired from carrying so many packages. Mrs. Webster, the kindly thing that she was, replied, “Quit your complaining Walter! If you gave me just one of your packages, I’d have twice as many as you. And if I gave you one of mine, we’d have the same.”
How many packages were Mr. and Mrs. Webster each carrying?